roman zotter videographer
Born 1st Oct 1975 - Salzburg, Austria Nationality: Austrian
Mag. phil. (MA equivalent)
Journalism and Communication / English and American Studies University of Vienna, Austria
Focus on Film Theory: MA Thesis on the camera movement in the films of Jim Jarmusch (2007)
Professional Experience in the field of Video and Photography
Since 2012 working as photographer and videographer in the Amsterdam performance and music scene. Mostly video registrations and promotional photos of performances and concerts for artists such as Maria Mavridou, Lily Kiara, Sayaka Akitsu, Miri Lee, Emese Csornai, Silvia Bennet, Manuela Tessi, Katie Duck (dance); Gerri Jäger, Raphael Vanoli (music).
In 2018 has started a new collaboration with the Amsterdam based choreographer and multidisciplinary artist Dorit Weintal.
Music Video Clips
Knalpot: Stolpernova (2013)
Duke Garwood: Sometimes (camera + editing) (2015)
2014-2017 living and working partly in Greece and Austria
Collaboration on several projects with Maria Mavridou and other artists
• Redfishleg by Maria Mavridou + Roman Zotter (2016) – photos, video installation
• Domestic Affairs by Maria Mavridou + Roman Zotter (2015+17) – video installation
• Dark Fog Rebel (2017) by Maria Mavridou + Roman Zotter – photos, videos, teasers • Nomises (2016+17) by Nancy Avgeri – live video streaming
Since 2015 member of NETZWERK AKS (Austria) – artistic director Andrea K. Schlehwein
Video registrations, promotional photos and videos, video installations:
• TIME CODE 9733 (2015) – video installation + live filming/editing; split screen film documentation (camera + editing)
• ALICE . facing the future expecting death dust and hope . / film (2015) – camera • ex : cerpt vol. 3 (2016) – film visuals (editing), photos
• HERE AND NOW (2016) – teasers, photos, tec
• I Am Not The One Who You Think I Am – trailer, photos
Since 2018 continuing to work for the independent Amsterdam performance scene.
Links to examples: